To summarize the review of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie here is what we have to say based on the reviews. “The Blue Diamond Grill Genie pan is over-hyped, does not work as claimed, food sticks to the surface, the ceramic surface scratches and chips, the pan warps and bends and the handle gets so hot it is impossible to touch.”Buy Blue Diamond Grill Genie
Blue Diamond Grill Genie REVIEWTo summarize the “review” of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie, it is an over-hyped, over-rated and exaggerated grilling pan with a glass lid. There is nothing special about the Blue Diamond Grill Genie, its not an unique product at all. There are tons of branded tried and tested grilling pans with lids out there in the market. Following are the pros and cons of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie.
Blue Diamond Grill Genie Pros and ConsGiven the “ceramic” nature of the “Blue Diamond Grill Genie”, it inherits the same pros and cons associated with ceramic cookwares.
- The Grill Genie is “more” toxic-free than the traditional Teflon coatings.
- It is non-stick, provided you do the proper “seasoning”.
- The Blue Diamond Grill Genie is “relatively” cheaper.
“Now the disadvantages of the Grill Genie”
- False advertisement – Blue Diamond Grill Genie is adopting deceptive marketing techniques and false claims to promote their grilling pan.
Blue Diamond Grill Genie CLAIMSGrilling is ruined in the rain and indoor cleaning of grill becomes really difficult but now the makers of this product promise that you can now enjoy Bbq and hotdogs all year round. Grill genie ceramic coating is infused with millions of diamonds the hardest known material to man. Delicate fish won’t even break , sear steak 30 % faster and this product is claimed to be dishwasher safe. The grill lines will sear in flavor and the steam lid will help cook much faster giving a perfectly cooked juicy meal every time.
The signature coating boasts that even sticky saucy messes wipe off clean in a single swipe. The makers assure that people can now grill all year round on an extra large 11-inch cooking surface getting the perfect sear, and then finish cooking with the power of steam. Blue Diamond’s signature ceramic non-stick coating claims to make clean up a breeze in which the steaming lid seals in moisture and cooks food much quicker than the regular ones.
Powered with ultra high grill lines giving the users the experience of healthier grilling! It is assured that the fat and grease will drain away so that the food isn’t sitting in grease and the steaming lid contains splatter which keeps your stove top clean. The makers boast that this product is 5X harder than traditional non-stick pans and the coating will last 10X longer than traditional non-stick pans with the ability to achieve 4X quicker and more even heat transfer because of it’s extra large design that is sure to easily fit a 5 lb chicken! This product is lightweight and compact for easy storage with zero toxins no PFAS, PFOA, Lead or Cadmium. It is also oven and broiler safe up to 850 degrees. What else could one ask for , right ?
Busting the Claims made by Blue Diamond Grill Genie
“Grill Genie Cooks up to 30% faster”The manufacturer of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie claims on the website (www.grillgenie.com) that the Grill Genie cooks food 30% faster which is not true. There is no independent study or tests conducted that attest this claim. While it is a common knowledge that putting a lid cooks food faster, there are no stats available.
5X harder than traditional non-stick pansThe makers of Blue Diamond Grill Genie claims to be 5X harder than traditional non-stick pans, which is the biggest lie. Again here too there is no independent agency verifying this claim. Having diamonds on the cooking surface does not make the Blue Diamond Grill Genie harder than the traditional teflon coated grilling pans. Even with the ceramic (with infused diamonds) surface, the Grill Genie is as fragile as any other pan.
Coating lasts 10X longer than traditional non-stick pansAnother lie from the makers of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie. As mentioned above, the ceramic coating is as fragile and as vulnerable as any other coating like teflon. In-fact ceramic is prone to cuts and chipping if you use metal utensils on it. Also ceramic coating is the least durable of all the coatings.
4X quicker and more even heat transferFear God you scammers, The makers of “Blue Diamond Grill Genie” claim that the pan is 4X faster and promotes even heat transfer, while the fact is that ceramic is known to be less efficient when it comes to heat transfer. So food is going to take longer to cook in the Grill Genie.
Dishwasher safeThe Blue Diamond Grill Genie claims to be “dishwasher safe” but when we searched for the “cleaning instructions for ceramic cookware”, we came across several authoritarian websites that advises “not to wash ceramic cookware in dishwasher”, and the Blue Diamond Grill Genie is a “Ceramic Cookware”. Now you figure out who is lying.
Oven and broiler safe up to 850 degreesWhile the ceramic is the most heat resistant of all the coatings, it is not advisable to casually use such high temperatures.
Customer Reviews of Blue Diamond Grill Genie
- It Scratches – This the most common complain that users mention in their reviews. The pan scratches even with moderate use.
- The Pan Bends – Along with the scratches, users have complained about the Blue Diamond Grill Genie pan bending and warping under the heat.
- Hot Handle – Reviews mention that the handle of the Grill Genie pan gets so hot that it is impossible to touch it.
- Food Sticks – Whatever may be the claims of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie, the reviews reveal the true colors of this gimmicky “non-stick” pan. There are plenty of reviews confirming the fact that “food sticks to the surface of the Grill Genie”. Most common complain is that eggs stick to the pan almost every time.
- Chips and Flakes – People who have bought the Blue Diamond Grill Genie have complained that the grill genie surface chips and the diamond coating flakes off.
- Not Induction Ready – The Blue Diamond Grill Genie is not induction cooktop compatible.
- Uneven Surface – Reviewers reveal that the Blue Diamond Grill Genie surface does not remain plain and the liquid gathers at the perimeter of the pan and the center remains dry and
- Difficult to Clean – One user mentions in his review why washing the Blue Diamond Grill genie is so difficult to to clean. The grill genie diamond coating is a big lie and everything sticks to the surface. Once the food sticks to the surface it is very difficult to remove the stuck food, you have to soak the grill genie pan in warm water and gently scrub off the mess. No matter how careful you are, this scrubbing causes the surface of the grill genie pan to scratch and the coating to peel off.
Our Verdict on the Blue Diamond Grill GenieThis is a classic as seen on tv rip-off. The word “genie” in the Blue Diamond Grill Pan is the first indicator that they are trying to sell a “magical” pan that does wonders. And we Americans fall for such lies. Why don’t we understand that there are far better products out there that actually work.
The marketers of the Blue Diamond Grill Genie are riding on the success of the original Blue Diamond Non-Stick Pan, the only addition is the glass lid. So you are better off reading those reviews and you’ll get the fair idea of the quality of the pan.
Based on the reviews, we do not recommend the Blue Diamond Grill Genie pan. A simple search for “ceramic grill pan with glass lid” on Amazon.com would list a dozens of tried and tested and branded pans that actually work. Stay clear of the Blue Diamond Grill Pan.