What is Stove Guru?Stove Guru is a new as seen on tv ceramic pan that claims to replace 8 different cookware. As per the official Stove Guru Pan review, ordinary pans have Teflon coating which is toxic for a healthy lifestyle. The Stove Guru Pan features a non-toxic ceramic coating which requires very little oil to cook with. Less oil not only means healthy food but cleanup is also a breeze.
How does Stove Guru Pan Work?The official review of Stove Guru pan claims it to be a 8-in-1 solution because it can, Steam, Braise, Sear, Strain, Sauté, Fry, Boil, Store and Serve with one pan. So how does the Stove Guru Pan accomplish all these tasks. The Stove Guru Pan comes with following accessories and features:
- Lid – The Stove Guru Pan features a modular lid to release or trap steam. Lid helps cooking the food faster
- Spatula – The Beach-wood Spatula with a built-in spoon rest. Wooden spatula will not scratch your Stove Guru Pan. Spatula needs to be hand-washed.
- Aluminum Body – The Stove Guru Pan has a sturdy aluminum body for fast and even cooking and is dishwasher safe. The ceramic pan is lightweight [weighs just 3 lbs.].
- Steamer Basket – Stove Guru Pan lets you cook healthy with the power of steam. It includes a Nesting Steamer & Colander.
- Spouts – The Stove Guru Pan features two easy-pour spouts that make transferring food easy. Pour spouts prevent spills and messes.
- Handles – Stay cool handles will protect your hands.
- Compatibility – The Stove Guru Pan is compatible with all the cooktops, hence the name “Stove Guru”.
- Dimensions – The diameter of the Stove Guru Pan is 10″ and the ceramic pan is 2″ deep. Capacity – 2 X 6 quarts.
Stove Guru PriceThe Stove Guru with Modular Lid, Beech-wood Spatula & Nesting Steamer costs $59.99 + $6.99 P&H. Stove Guru is available at the official website GetStoveGuru.com
Stove Guru Review
Not as Non-Stick After 3 MonthsOne review mentions that the Stove Guru Pan works quite well for the first few months and the non-stick surface is great with eggs sliding right off the surface. The as seen on tv ceramic pan was also great to rinse. But later things [eggs particularly] begin to stick and needs considerable soaking and scrubbing. Also a few scratches have appeared on the non-stick surface. Also the rivets inside the pan are not coated with the non-stick ceramic material and food sticks to the rivets.
Requires SeasoningThe Stove Guru Pan is non-stick in the beginning but after a few months the Stove Guru pan begins to lose its non-stick property [though not completely], in this case you need to season the pan to make it non-stick. This seasoning needs to be done to all the frying pans and not just the Stove Guru Pan.
Avoid OverheatingThe Stove Guru is not built for heavy-duty cooking, it is a bit on a thinner side. But can used for a variety of cooking methods and lightweight has many advantages. The Stove Guru like any other frying pan should not be overheated. One user mentions in her review that she left the Stove Guru on the stove with a little bit of oil on it, the overheating completely burnt the oil which got stuck to the non-stick surface of the Stove Guru Pan, the pan had to be written off. Overheating will also cause the Stove Guru pan to warp.
Great for Cooking:
- Eggs for Breakfast and Meals
- Fried Rice
- Stir Frying
- Vegetable Fry
- Fried Mozzarella sticks
- Frying chips
- Frying Chicken
No Glass LidThe lid helps in faster cooking. The lid that comes with the Stove Guru however is not made of glass, so you cannot watch the progress of the food being cooked.
Some PositivesGood quality and workmanship, don’t use it on a very high temperature. Great to use it for making eggs for breakfast. Can be used everyday, though some oil seasoning is necessary to keep them “non-stick”. Though the Stove Guru Pan is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to clean the Stove Guru Pan with warm water and sponge. The handle does stay cool and does not even becomes warm.
Inferior Quality SteamerThe mesh quality of the steamer that accompanies the Stove Guru is not so great, reviews claim. The steamer begins to rust if not cleaned properly. Some reviews even claim the coating on the steamer is already beginning to peel off.
Our Verdict On Stove GuruStove Guru comes with the advantages and disadvantages of a ceramic pan. The advantages of the Stove Guru ceramic pan include:
- Non-Stick Surface
- Cheaper than Stainless Steel
- Inert to Acidic Food
- Lightweight & Easy to Clean
But the Stove Guru ceramic pans also has its disadvantages, these disadvantages are mostly inherited from the fact that the Stove Guru is a “Ceramic Pan”.
- Loses its non-stick quality sooner compared to Teflon
- Not induction-compatible
- Cooking is not as consistent as Teflon
- Expensive compare to to Teflon