Official website: BlueDiamondPan.com
About Blue Diamond Pan
Non-stick frying pans don’t remain truly non-stick after a few week’s use, the food sticks to the pans and creates mess. You need the Blue Diamond Non-stick fry pan that claim to be infused with millions of tiny diamonds.
Blue Diamond Pan Features
The secret is diamond infused ceramic coating. The Blue Diamond pan is oven safe, they even claim it is safe to broil up to 850 Degree Fahrenheit. The makers of the Blue Diamond pan claim that their pan is 10 times stronger than the Copper Pans and last 10 times longer. It is also scratch resistant. They demonstrate the non-stick features of the pan in the video – they sand-papered the surface of the Blue Diamond and the Copper Pan, the Copper Pan begins to loose its “copper” finish but the Blue Diamond pan shows no signs of trouble and when they cooked an egg on both the pans after the sandpaper treatment, the egg got stuck to the Copper Pan but slided off seamlessly off the Blue Diamond pan cooking surface. They also whisked a egg in the pan to prove that it is 5 times scratch-resistant than the Copper Pans. They also melted a few plastic spoons in the pan to show how non-stick the Blue Diamond pan is.
Diamonds transfer heat 4 times faster than Copper for even cooking.
Blue Diamond Cleaning
Blue Diamond Pan is dishwasher safe but it is recommended that you hand-wash the Blue Diamond Pan with a soft sponge in hot soapy water.
How to prepare the Blue Diamond Pan?
Just put some butter uniformly on the pan.
The Blue Diamond has a “Stay Cool” handle.
Can you season the Blue Diamond Pan?
Nope, you should not season the Blue Diamond Pan.
Please use a little oil or butter (do not use spray oil) on the surface before heating. Do not heat the pan without food in it. Do not cook your food on high settings.
Blue Diamond Base
The Blue Diamond has a solid forged base that won’t let it warp or wobble.
Disadvantages of the Blue Diamond Pan
- It does not remain “Non-stick” forever. After a few weeks the food begins to stick to the surface.
- Easily warps even after moderate use.
- Very thin.
- After a few months the food cooked in the Blue Diamond Pan begins to burn especially the food that is at the center of the pan.
- These are not REAL DIAMONDS.
- Deceptive marketing practice.
- The Blue Diamond Pan is no better than any other ordinary non-stick pan.
- Teflon coated frying pans work far better than the Blue Diamond Pan.
- Not suited for cooking on the Induction cooktop.
- The even distribution of heat is not so good.
- In a few months time Omelette begins to stick to the pan even with normal use.
- You still have to pay $9 per Blue Diamond Pan to return them.
- The top layer will begin to peel off after a few months.
Blue Diamond Pan Questions and Answers
Q. Are these real diamonds in the BLUE DIAMOND Pan?
A. Nope, do you think these are real diamonds, come on use your common sense. The word “Diamond” is just a marketing ploy.
Q. If not diamonds what is it?
A. Quartz crystals – the most abundant mineral found on the earth.
Q. How is the quality of the Blue Diamond Pan?
A. Very poor, it is thin layered and looks flimsy.
Q. Can I use metal spatula in the Blue Diamond Pan?
A. Nope, even though they claim the pan is scratch resistant, there is no surface that will remain scratch-resistant forever. So do not use metal utensils in the Blue Diamond Pan. Use wooden spatulas instead if you want your pan to last longer.
Q. Is the handle riveted?
A. Yes. 2 rivets.
Q. Is it oven safe?
Q. Does scrambled eggs stick to Blue Diamond Pan?
A. Not when it is new, but down the line it will stick.
Q. What is the depth of the Blue Diamond Pan?
A. Approx 3 inches.
Advantages of Blue Diamond Pan
- You get 2 Pans for $29
- The Blue Diamond Pan comes with a lifetime replacement warranty.
- Considering the price it is a fairly good offer
- The Blue Diamond Pan is fairly a good non-stick frying pan if used for “light” cooking and if maintained properly.
- 100% PFOA free and PFTE free
The Blue Diamond Pan is type of Stone Frying Pan. It is just the top layer that is infused with the “blue diamond”. It is just another “as seen on tv” scam like the Red Copper, Gotham and Eric Theiss Copper Chef. The biggest benefit of the “Stone” frying pans like the Blue Diamond Pan is that they are PFOA free and PFTE free and non-stick. There are tons of TRUE non-stick STONE frying available at Amazon.com
Before buying a Non-stick pan you need to do some research online.
1. Search for “non stick frying pan buying guide”
2. Then learn what type of non-stick pans are available in the market (aluminium, ALUMINUM CLAD STAINLESS STEEL, ANODIZED ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL, COPPER / STAINLESS STEEL)
3. Go through the benefits and pros and cons of each type of non-stick frying pans.
4. Considering your cooking method (induction, gas stove etc).
5. You should know the material used in the pans, layers, cooking surface material, thickness and other details.
6. Then make an informed decision about the pan that suits your need.
The marketers of the Blue Diamond Pan have gone several steps ahead of Red Copper, Gotham and Copper Chef in demonstrating the short-term features of their frying pan. Blue Diamond Pan is not a true non-stick frying pan. There are so many flaws in the way Blue Diamond Pan is promoted. They don’t tell you how many layers there are and the thickness of these layers.
There are plenty of other TRUE stone frying pans available all over the place. Just a simple search for “stone frying pan” or “ceramic frying pan” will list a dozen of frying pans that you are looking for, Vesuvio Ceramic Coated, Ozeri, TECHEF, Bialetti Granito Nonstick Fry Pan are some of the BRANDED alternatives to the Blue Diamond Pan. We would suggest buying one of these tried and tested frying pan and stay away from Blue Diamond Pan.
What do I get?
- 2 Blue Diamond Pans
- 1 Recipe book
Price: $28 | Official website: BlueDiamondPan.com